One Lawyer Can Change the World Scholarship
About the scholarship
A law degree can be a powerful tool in the right hands. History is filled with great accounts of leaders who made it their life’s work to embody the law and serve as agents of change.
Abraham Lincoln was a self-taught lawyer who became known for his astute mediating and peacemaking skills in a young America. Nelson Mandela made his mark on the legal profession by providing access to justice for all. One lawyer really can change the world.
Each year we honor 10 future change agents who are heading to law school. All ten finalists will be rewarded with scholarships to help pay for the first year of law school. Your chance at the scholarship starts by completing a simple online application.
2022 scholarship awards:
- First Place = Prize $10,000 1L Scholarship
- Second Place = $5,000 1L Scholarship
- Eight Runners Up = $1,000 1L Scholarship
Scholarship essay prompt:
How you hope to use your law degree to change our world, and how would $10,000 towards your 1L tuition change your world?
- Submit a 500-word essay or less by June 1, 2022.
- You must be an incoming 1L student starting in the Fall of 2022 to apply.
- The top 10 finalists will be announced on July 1, 2022.
- The First and Second Place Winners will be announced on July 15, 2022.
- All scholarship awards are paid directly to each finalist’s law school on August 1, 2022.
View the official rules here.