$10k Scholarship Finalists
A Message From Don
The standard thing to say when making this type of announcement is that “It was a tough decision.” As stale as that platitude is, it’s also true. Each of our Finalists’ essays demonstrate a true commitment to becoming change agents. Thankfully, we were aided by more than 6,000 voters and their insightful comments of support. Some of the most common words that voters used when describing our Finalists were: “inspiring,” “powerful,” and “dedicated.” We couldn’t agree more with those sentiments.
BARBRI Law Preview is incredibly humbled and honored to award $23,000 in scholarships to support these entering 1Ls as they begin their law school careers:
$10,000 Scholarship Award: Harold Grigsby III (Harvard Law School)
$5,000 Scholarship Award: Sulaiman Ahmad (University of South Carolina School of Law)
$1,000 Scholarship Awards:
- Mercy Romero Alemán (Brooklyn Law School)
- Lisa Cho (City University of New York (CUNY) School of Law)
- Mariah Dozé (Georgetown University Law Center)
- Tre’ Leonard (American University, Washington College of Law)
- Amber Letchworth (Gonzaga University School of Law)
- Kristen Powell (University of Chicago Law School)
- Jason Onyediri (University of Texas School of Law)
- Kendall Wharton (Northwestern University, Pritzker School of Law)
BARBRI Law Preview considers this scholarship as an opportunity to support future lawyers who are destined to have a positive and lasting impact. We believe these students’ influence will be massive and cannot wait to feel their effect on our world.
Congratulations to each of our scholarship award recipients!