About The Scholarship
A law degree can be a powerful tool in the right hands. History is filled with great accounts of leaders who made it their life’s work to embody the law and serve as agents of change.
Abraham Lincoln was a self-taught lawyer who became known for his astute mediating and peacemaking skills in a young America. Nelson Mandela made his mark on the legal profession by providing access to justice for all. One lawyer really can change the world.
Each year we offer one hard-working law student a $10,000 scholarship to help pay for the first year of law school. Your chance at the scholarship starts by completing this simple online application.
Scholarship Essay Prompt:
How you hope to use your law degree to change our world, and how would $10,000 towards your 1L tuition change your world?
- Submit a 500-word essay or less by April 15, 2019.
- The top 10 finalists will be announced on May 3, 2019.
- The $10,000 scholarship recipient will be announced on June 7, 2019.
- The award will be paid directly to his or her law school.
- You must be an incoming 1L student starting in the Fall of 2019 to apply.
View the official rules here.